The rooster sauce has certainly ignited the hearts of food lovers across L.A., and now it’s getting its own food festival.
Co-hosted by Randy Clemens, author of The Sriracha Cookbook and the Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook, and Josh Lurie of Food GPS, the First Annual L.A. Sriracha Festival is happening on Sunday, October 27 from 3 to 6pm at LOT 613 in Downtown’s Arts District. For $49 a ticket, attendees get to freely enjoy a variety of Sriracha themed dishes—including desserts!—and cool off with local craft beer, cocktails, and sodas.
Some of the chefs in attendance include:
- Wesley Avila — Guerrilla Tacos
- Nadav Bashan — Bashan
- Neal Fraser — BLD, Fritzi Dog, ICDC, Redbird at Vibiana, The Strand House
- Gabe Gordon — Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
- Eric Greenspan — The Foundry on Melrose, Greenspan’s Grilled Cheese, The Roof on Wilshire
- Tai Kim — Scoops
- Esdras Ochoa & Javier Fregoso — Mexicali Taco & Co.
- Christian Page — Short Order
- Tui Sungkamee & Jazz Singsanong — Jitlada
- Chloe Tran & John Vu Cao — East Borough
- Ernesto Uchimura — Plan Check Kitchen + Bar
Beverages will be provided by:
- Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
- Eagle Rock Brewery
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
- Josh Goldman, Soigné Group (Cocktails)
- Los Angeles Ale Works (Soda)
- Pure Water of Los Angeles (Purified water)
Huy Fong Foods, Inc., producer of the iconic rooster-logo Sriracha bottles, is a presenting sponsor and founder David Tran will be making an appearance.
And if the thought alone of a fiery, Sriracha-flavored afternoon isn’t enough, a portion of proceeds from the event will directly benefit Food Forward, a local charity that rescues fresh local produce which would otherwise go to waste, and donate it to those in need.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
613 Imperial Street, Downtown L.A.
Tickets (21+ event):
General admission tickets – $49 in advance, $59 at the door.
VIP tickets include reserved seating, early admission from 2 p.m., and a signed copy of The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook. – $80 in advance, $90 at the door (if available).
Tickets are on sale at LAsrirachafestival.nightout.com
Valet parking is available at 619 Imperial Street ($10/car)
Street parking is free, if you can find it!